Duplicate messages?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Duplicate messages?

Hi,

I've noticed when sending messages via Skype Chat to contacts on my Facebook list, the message is duplicating. Every time I press enter to send a message, it shows twice. After a few seconds, a Skype message appears under one of the ones I've just typed saying "Your friend is offline and may not have recieved this message." 

I've logged out of Facebook completed (using W7 Desktop client) and it doesn't make a difference. Contacts are definitely only getting one message which is good, it's just frustrating. Any thoughts?

Tramampoleen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (8,501 Views)

Re: Duplicate messages?

Never mind, silly me found the other thread with others having the same issue. Ignore me!!

Tramampoleen
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (8,497 Views)

Merged with other discussion about same duplicate Facebook chat message that already contains a reply.

Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14256
Message 3 of 6 (8,137 Views)

duplicate message appear when typing

Tramampoleen wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed when sending messages via Skype Chat to contacts on my Facebook list, the message is duplicating. Every time I press enter to send a message, it shows twice. After a few seconds, a Skype message appears under one of the ones I've just typed saying "Your friend is offline and may not have recieved this message." 

I've logged out of Facebook completed (using W7 Desktop client) and it doesn't make a difference. Contacts are definitely only getting one message which is good, it's just frustrating. Any thoughts?

malar-9657
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (8,163 Views)
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6844
Message 5 of 6 (8,141 Views)
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1601
Message 6 of 6 (3,188 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling