Re: Downloading Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Downloading Skype

I am unable to download skype it keeps coming up with the message Failed code 1603

Fatal error occured.

juicey
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (220 Views)

I have the same thing time and time again. It is getting frustrating to try and get this to work. Doe's anyone have a solution.

dabrit_on_fi
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (210 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try with this installer:

http://www.skype.com/go/downloading-business

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6972
Message 3 of 7 (209 Views)

I tried this but it says that I already have a verzion of Skype installed
dabrit_on_fi
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (203 Views)

dabrit_on_fi wrote:
I tried this but it says that I already have a verzion of Skype installed

Try remove the Skype program entries which you have using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (msicuu2.exe), perform all the steps with Admin rights...

msicuu2.exe Download Link:

http://sdrv.ms/MOCyAq

Now try running the installer.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6476
Message 5 of 7 (201 Views)

I am not sure what you are talking about. I do not know a lot about computers or program's, can you help a little more. I tried unloading Skype and re-loading but then I have to set up a new user name and I have had skype from the start. My hard drive went out in my computer so I had to replace it and lost my Skype user info and could not use that again.

Thanks Dabrit

dabrit_on_fi
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (190 Views)

dabrit_on_fi wrote:

I am not sure what you are talking about. I do not know a lot about computers or program's, can you help a little more. I tried unloading Skype and re-loading but then I have to set up a new user name and I have had skype from the start. My hard drive went out in my computer so I had to replace it and lost my Skype user info and could not use that again.

Thanks Dabrit

Do you so have now a Skype program installed or not? If your problem is that you have now another account, then in Skype go to Skype -> Sign out and sign in with the original Skype name.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6972
Message 7 of 7 (184 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling