Does skype record video calls?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Does skype record video calls?

I was wondering whenever I made a video call does skype record and store a copy of the video in their system database or computer? Or the video calls are streamed live and skype does not record it. I'm concerned with privacy.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Techinfo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 22 (189,247 Views)

Re: Does skype record video calls?

nope, your calls and video calls are not monitored, recorded, saved, whatsoever.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1689
Message 2 of 22 (189,151 Views)

Is there any one who will give me the grantee that skype does not save our video calls and calls and doesn't save it in its database and also doesn't  monitore. i want to know about my privicy.

raza55_88
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 22 (188,915 Views)

does skype store our video calls in their database is skype has a privacy
mehakmehnaz
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 22 (188,729 Views)

mehakmehnaz wrote:
does skype store our video calls in their database is skype has a privacy

no. Skype doesn't record calls or video calls.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1689
Message 5 of 22 (188,721 Views)

[ Edited ]

I do not believe that naivity is a good remedy against overdone scepticism. whereas fears towards skype company seem to be unjustified, a realistic assessment of privacy breaks has to consider at least the following leaks:

1. the particular skype version used in china mainland, "TOM-Skype", does not all all protect your privacy towards third party authorities.

2. the trojans that are officially used by the federal government and the Lander of Germany for observing voip traffic including encrypted skype sessions of suspicious citizens is proven to be in use and has been publicly discussed. It is hard to believe that other countries, especially less democratic ones, would not dispose of such instruments.

3. most everyday users of skype, as far as they are your conferencing partners, are technically easily capable of creating snapshots, audio and/or video recordings or even fullscreen capturings of skype sessions - without your knowledge.

so maybe you better not tell your skype partners the code of the bank account where you have hidden your billions :wink:)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _

EDIT on 10 Oct: addition to 2.

Recent reverse engineering of samples of German governmental trojans revealed that beyond recording voip calls, there are implementions for data transfer to US based servers and for any kind of remote control. This massive violation of constitutional rights turned on the public debate to "red alert".

Sources in English:

ccc.de/en/updates/2011/staatstrojaner

symantec.com/connect/blogs/backdoorr2d2-long-arm-law

paste the blue line into the address bar of your browser, hit ENTER

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 639
Message 6 of 22 (188,699 Views)

UP because of edit

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 639
Message 7 of 22 (188,438 Views)

Use Camtica, it records video calls. http://jiteco.com/screen_recorder_software.html They have giveaway now, hurry up!
JimNager
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 22 (186,226 Views)

It save on the internet database but not the site.

kinghobo12
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 22 (185,093 Views)

thats a lie donnie

jamesjeffrey131
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 22 (185,089 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling