I experienced several times now the following error: Disk I/O error - skype closed unexpected in a conversation or I was unable to log on. I restarted Skype as requested, but it didn't help. So...what shall I do?
My computer is running under windows 7 and I am using Skype 22.214.171.124.
Please do a Skype reset:
1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.
Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled
2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"
3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"
4. Re-run Skype
14-08-2013 06:54 - edited 14-08-2013 06:55
Managed to resolve the issue by deleting the Skype folder from %TEMP%
On Windows 7 do:
1. Start menu, in the search box type %TEMP%
2. You'll see lots of file and folders, look for a folder named "skype" and delete it
3. Start Skype