Disabling the Skype Home screen

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Disabling the Skype Home screen

Hi

I am using Skype V 5.5.0.112

I would like to know how I can disable the Skype Home screen from appearing everytime I log in to Skype

Thanks!

blackystrat
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 35 (25,112 Views)

Re: Disabling the Skype Home screen

[ Edited ]

Currently, this is not supported.

Also, I would avoid anyone who ("Thinks") they have a workaround for this, because there are things going on now and in the future, that by implementing those workarounds may in fact cause you many issues.

It's always easy for people to suggest methods of doing this or that, especially when they have no total understanding of what is going on :wink:

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 2 of 35 (24,903 Views)

The home screen is really annoying. I just removed 5.5 and installed 5.3 from oldapps dot com. Bye bye home screen
FryZA
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 35 (24,895 Views)

I hate this thing with a passion already!

We don't all like social networking you know.

Please let us turn this "feature" off.

cantoris
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 35 (24,887 Views)

Thanks for your response - are you aware of any forthcoming updates with an option to turn the home screen on/off?

blackystrat
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 35 (24,779 Views)

[ Edited ]

You are very welcome.

No announcement as of yet has been made about this.

That said, IMHO, I would avoid any unsupported by Skype ("hacks") that make any claims on creating a workaround for this, because they can cause unexpected results and could impact your Skype experience and use of Skype services.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 6 of 35 (24,776 Views)

Ive been using Skype since day 1 and I find this **bleep** home screen VERY annoying. You guys need to learn what people want. Going back to 5.3 until this extremely serious issue is resolved. Last time I checked this is MY computer, and I need to have the ability to control how Skype works on MY computer.

Bye bye 5.5 and hello 5.3...

rgray318
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 35 (24,762 Views)

i've gone back to 5.3 too. what a bummer! they didn't realy learn from the 5.0 home screen debacle
meerendonk
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 35 (24,750 Views)

This is really annoying ... how the heck do you get rid of this Home Screen. Why doesn't Skype understand that It ain't my home.

What's the point of displaying the note showing me that the service is unavailable?!?!

saltcafe
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 35 (24,742 Views)

Just reverted back to 5.3, what a relief! No "home", no ugly emoticons, just perfect.
Pendragon
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 35 (24,736 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling