Dell Latitude e6430 Webcam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Dell Latitude e6430 Webcam

Support,

I'm reporting a webcam compatibility issue with a new Dell Latitude e6430.  The video camera works only 1/2 of the screen for some reason, this appears to be a compatibility issue with the latest Skype release and v5.3.120.   My company is now ordering this model and wanted you to know there's issues with Skype.

Thanks,

Scout

scout944
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 4 (4,808 Views)

Re: Dell Latitude e6430 Webcam

the latest NORMAL Skype version is 5.10.0.116

and

the latest BUSINESS version is 5.10.32.116

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6842
Message 2 of 4 (4,800 Views)

[ Edited ]

I spent a little while and figured out what the issue is, which didn't surpise me... it probably wont anybody else either.

The default Dell nVidia Driver appears to have issues if downloaded from support.dell.com - go directly to nVidia.com to get the driver and it works fine.  Also, don't forget to enable "nVidia Optimus Technology" in the BIOS Setting.

Any version of Skype will work.  The reason why I still use v5.3.120 is because the Snapshot Button is on the main screen... I don't know if it's back on the later versions but it's very handy to have on the main display screen.

scout944
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 3 of 4 (4,789 Views)

The latest Skype versions (since 5.9) provide an option for defining a snapshots keyboard hotkey. See e.g. this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-no-longer-take-pictures-use-snapshot-gallery-after-latest/...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6400
Message 4 of 4 (4,783 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling