Delete skype profile.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Delete skype profile.

Hi,

I have a small problem. The user of this profile have recently died. And I need help to delete profile.

Thanks.

karl_torben_jen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (9,382 Views)

Re: Delete skype profile.

Moved to "Windows".

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1488
Message 2 of 9 (9,362 Views)

Can the profile be deletet..??
karl_torben_jen
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (9,345 Views)

first, i'm sorry to hear what happened.  

basically, it is not possible to delete an existing Skype account.  Once an account is created, it will remain in Skype database indefinitely.  I'm not sure if Skype considers exemptions for this rule (you can contact customer service to clarify - [https://] support.skype.com/support_selection).  If you or someone can access that account, you can delete the details registered there, remove the profile image if any, so no one would know the owner of that account. You can also left a status message like "account no longer in use".

Moreover, that account will also be removed from the search results after 6 months I think.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1673
Message 4 of 9 (9,344 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for youre help. I have now deletet the info i can on the profil, and left a status of "now longer avalibel"

I will not trie to contakt support for complet delete af profil (I think it will take too longe)

But i will advice you to conciter the possiblety of deleting profils. (If you have the possebelety to pass it on)

Best reguards Søren

karl_torben_jen
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (9,332 Views)

can,t seem to be able to delete name or date of birth every thing deleted ok.

rsp
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (7,674 Views)

rsp wrote:

can,t seem to be able to delete name or date of birth every thing deleted ok.

you can simply replace the display name with anything or any imaginary name or word, then just select the blank values for the date of birth.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 239
Message 7 of 9 (7,666 Views)

I want to delete a Profile which I have blocked I dont know and dont want to know the person who wants to contact me on Skype. Also messages which on my profile contacts it says  Tell your friends what yo are up to?   Well I want to delete all my past 8 months old messages and cant do it. Help.  Joy

joymorris_22
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (5,999 Views)

Delete  my skype profile.

ievnabu
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (2,092 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling