Delete group, Windows

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Delete group, Windows

How can I delete the group after an accidental creation? Is it possible to do so, that the contacts in it couldn't see it more?

anna_nek777
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (8,417 Views)

Re: Delete group, Windows

When displaying the Group ("This assumes you really mean category") right click on the tab Group name and choose delete.

If you mean Group chat try this command in that chat:

/leave

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 588
Message 2 of 5 (8,412 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There is no option to delete a group chat but you can leave it and and so can everyone else in it.

To leave a chat simply type /leave into the chat and send the message.

You can use various commands to control members in the chat, secure the chat with a password and do other administrative tasks. More here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10858

If you found my post useful then please give kudos. If it helped to fix your issue then mark it as a solution to help others.

r4ndom
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 10
Message 3 of 5 (8,411 Views)

just to add up, it also appears that the users you added will not receive any notification that they have been added to that group chat, they will only become aware of it once any user in that group enter a message.  but just to be sure, you can also choose to remove the users you added in that group chat before leaving it.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1672
Message 4 of 5 (8,399 Views)

I do not see the word delete when I right click or anywhere else. When someone sends me a friends request, that request should pop up in front of me to either accept or decline, but it is hidden instead. Now I read that in order to make group video calls, at least one person must have a premium account? I really hate greedy corporate America.

jmadonna58
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (7,896 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling