Re: DEP error message during video call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

DEP error message during video call

I have a problem using the version 5.9.0.114 of skype.

When i open tools->options->video settings, DEP error message comes for skype and it shuts down.

Also, when i try to make a video call, the same error flashes. I dont have any problems facing when i make a voice call or a call to the mobile.

I searched through the internet, what i could see is that many people have the similar complaint after they got upgraded to the above mentioned version.

Is a workaround available? Or do we have to wait for the next release?

ruwim
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

No guaranty that this will work, but try to reset Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

View solution in original post
shameer_p_m
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (938 Views)

some more info i would like to add:

1. My webcam works properly with other apps like gtalk, windows movie maker etc..

2. I changed the DEP settings to ignore skype.

3. Tried to install older versions of skype.

Still the problem happens. Please help.

shameer_p_m
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (932 Views)

Open Windows Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events. Look for the corresponding error message. Copy the text from the general tab and post it here. 

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5241
Message 3 of 6 (931 Views)

I am using Windows XP SP3.

This is the application event that i see.

Faulting application Skype.exe, version 5.9.0.114, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Is this info fine?

shameer_p_m
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (913 Views)

Hello,

Any updates on this? I expect an answer, i am not able to make video calls anymore.

shameer_p_m
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (889 Views)

No guaranty that this will work, but try to reset Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5241
Message 6 of 6 (882 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling