Cuts off incoming calls after 3 rings

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Cuts off incoming calls after 3 rings

Hi,

I noticed this problem a couple of weeks ago, the problem didn't exist prior to this and I haven't changed anything in my configuration prior to the problem occuring. Skype rings 3 times, if I don't answer the call in this time Skype cuts the caller off and shows a missed call. It also cuts the call off before voicemail kicks in (if voicemail is set to pick up after the call has already been cut off). I've tried disabling then re-enabling voicemail and also changing privacy settings to accept calls from 'only numbers in my contact list' then back to 'anyone', nothing seems to work though.

Same problem via Windows or a stand alone Dualphone, so I'm guessing it's something with the configuration of my online number or account.

I'd really appreciate a solution on this, I've done a search and found similar problems from over a year ago, but no solutions (other than the suggestions above which don't work).

Thanks.

butasok
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (882 Views)

Re: Cuts off incoming calls after 3 rings

[ Edited ]

Please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice so that you can ask cutomer service about this:

support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 501
Message 2 of 6 (876 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running the Windows version of Skype on Windows 7 fully up-to-date.

Just tried what you suggested and it hasn't helped. As I mentioned it's not exclusively a Windows problem. I've got a stand alone DUALphone 3088 and it does the same thing when just that is logged in, so it seems to be an account/online number problem rather than a client side software problem.

Thanks.

butasok
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (873 Views)

Please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice so that you can ask cutomer service about this:

support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 501
Message 4 of 6 (869 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately after 9 emails to customer service explaining the problem in detail and their inability to even read and understand my detailed description of the problem (only offering advice that is completely unrelated and at one point even suggesting that automatically cutting off the caller after 3 rings proves it's "working correctly"), I've given up.

Has anyone else experienced this or able to able shed any light on this problem?

Thanks.

butasok
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (858 Views)

I hope someone will still answer this question. Just installed DualPhone for my mom and it rings twice and then cuts off the call. She can never get to the phone in 2 rings. How do I change the numer of times it rings with incoming calls?? Thanks!!

Heleen
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (264 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling