Custom emotes?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Custom emotes?

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to add custom emotes to skype as windows live messenger allows, skype has a limited set of emotes and its really rather annoying, Yahoo IM even has more emotes. :sad:

Thanks,

Tyler.

itylernallen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,040 Views)

Re: Custom emotes?

[ Edited ]

Currently, this is not possible. No date has been announced if/when it will be as well.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 582
Message 2 of 5 (2,788 Views)

I for one hope I never see custom emotes on skype. 

I use skype because it's clean and works like a champ.

I for one don't want to have to read hieroglyphics of animated gifs and flashing pink who-knows-what.

Just my two cents. :wink:

Beta_Grumm
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (2,758 Views)

[ Edited ]

Beta if you're having problems with that, then you should get new friends!

triggawatts
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (1,289 Views)

[ Edited ]

well for people like you Beta there is already an option to disable emotions from showing at all.

i for one would prefer if they catered to everyone..

All my hundreds of collected emotes are gone now anyway. i even made custom animated ones of my characters for playing silly games with my friend. :sad:

the option to use them would be nice

misspinks
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (566 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling