Correcting a contact phone number profile entry

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Correcting a contact phone number profile entry

Hi. I have inadvertently added an incorrect phone number to the profile for one of my contacts. I can see no way to correct it, nor can I see how to delete it. I am able to add another number (which means the contact now has two numbers available), but would like to remove the incorrect one. Any suggestions please?

This widget could not be displayed.
Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

• Click on the downward arrow on the right hand side of the gren "Call" button
  • Move the mouse cursor above the wrong number
  • click the pen "Edit number" icon on the right hand side next to the number

View solution in original post
Lee_Braden
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (2,704 Views)

Re: Correcting a contact phone number profile entry

• Click on the downward arrow on the right hand side of the gren "Call" button
  • Move the mouse cursor above the wrong number
  • click the pen "Edit number" icon on the right hand side next to the number

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13466
Message 2 of 10 (2,657 Views)

I tried this but I don't see a pen or anything saying edit number

rubyf
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 10 (2,630 Views)

I have the same problem and as per previous comment, if you right click on the number under "Call Mobile", you can delete 2nd, 3rd etc numbers but the first one it seems like you cannot delete by this method.  How can you delete this number?

I tried deleting the user and recreating it but skype remembers the contact as a 'recent' contact along with the wrong phone number !

Any advice welcome, thanks.

lmifsud
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (2,625 Views)

Oh.. and please remove the 'solved' stripe as problem has not been resolved!

lmifsud
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (2,623 Views)

I have the same problem - Sorry to say, but there are some simple-to-fix difficulties that the guys have created at Skype for what is otherwise a great product..... 

I have a contact with a Skype name, a first mobile number (which is wrong) and now a second mobile number (which is correct). I have seen the suggestion that apparently solves this problem, but I agree with the above comment - It does not work ! On mine the first mobile number DOES NOT SHOW a pen to edit it. Nor does a second number, a land line. Which is strange as the 2nd mobile nubmer belwo that DOES show a pen and can be edited and/or deleted. So currently I can not do anything to the first incorrect number.

Please see attached screen shot.

This is an issue that needs to be sorted. Please.

Can I suggest for the future an easier-to-find solution like an all encompasing "Edit contact" option ? But for now a fix would be appreciated. Thanks

tim_ellis
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (2,582 Views)

For me the incorrect number seems to be the one picked up automatically by Skype so doesn't have a "pen" allowing editing. Remaining there incorrectly causes much trouble, because messages get sent and not delivered. So a fix of some kind would be much appreciated.

philipbrierley
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 10 (2,517 Views)

philipbrierley wrote:

For me the incorrect number seems to be the one picked up automatically by Skype so doesn't have a "pen" allowing editing. Remaining there incorrectly causes much trouble, because messages get sent and not delivered. So a fix of some kind would be much appreciated.

there is no 'fix' for this because there is nothing wrong

when your contact EDITS THEIR OWN PROFILE to correct/add/delete as appropriate then the changes will appear on your contact list

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 8 of 10 (2,511 Views)

Sorry Neil, but your response "there is no 'fix' for this because there is nothing wrong" from my perspective (having (a) identified a problem and (b) taken the time to report it) is dismissive and therefore rather 'out of order'. It suggests that either you have not read the text above or that you have not understood what was written.....  I'm not sure your relationship with Skype, but if you do have something to contribute, please could you try again....?

In my case the 1st MOBILE PHONE NUMBER WAS ADDED BY ME, not the user. And, once added, can NOT be edited by me, the one who entered it. This is not something within the control of the Skype name holder. The problem is at my end, the viewer. In my humble opinion, there is indeed a small bug (or oversight as the end user can not find out how to do it, despite trying) here that does indeed need to be fixed.

If someone could take a look at this again, I and a few other users it would seem, would be grateful. Thanks again

tim_ellis
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (2,506 Views)

[ Edited ]

the post that I responded to was specific to profile entries that were put there by the contact themself (see this quote "incorrect number seems to be the one picked up automatically by Skype") -- only that contact can change those entries that they put in their own profile

so, for this situation, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG

entries made by YOU, to supplement the original contact's profile, can be edited easily -- read Claudius' post to learn how to do it -- it works

if you still think you have a situation where you can't edit numbers which YOU added, then START YOUR OWN THREAD, as Claudius' post has already been marked as a solution to the issue raised by the original poster, namely the user that 'owns' this thread

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 10 of 10 (2,501 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling