Re: Contacts problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Contacts problem

A few nights ago i was video chatting with one of my friends and the video just vanished and it showed my list of friends as all as a grey question mark.  now when i sign in all of them show up this way but one and that person shows up as offline and i know they are on cause they are next to me with it on.  so i was wondering what happened and if there is any way to fix it?

i have tried uninstalling twice and reinstalling it and i have even tried setting up a new account but nothing works.

much apprciated

zach

This widget could not be displayed.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Try resetting you Skype configuration files via this procedure:

Quit Skype.  Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata% <enter>.  Scroll down to find the \Skype folder and rename it something like \Skype_old.  Restart Skype and see if your contacts are back to normal.

Note:  Renaming the Skype folder will move IM and call history to the renamed folder.  They can be recovered with a few extra steps.

View solution in original post
minnyzach
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 18 (5,774 Views)

does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong with my skype?  could there be another program that blocks something or does my computer jsut not allow skype to work.... i need help.

minnyzach
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 18 (5,751 Views)

here is what it looks like and i am friends with all of them and i cant see any of them.  all of them come up as "this person has not shared details with you".  as you can see i can sign in but i get nothing.  could this be a problem with my ip address?
this is really getting frusturating and i am seriously considering removing skype because of this.

minnyzach
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 18 (5,726 Views)

Untitled.png

minnyzach
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 18 (5,722 Views)

Try resetting you Skype configuration files via this procedure:

Quit Skype.  Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata% <enter>.  Scroll down to find the \Skype folder and rename it something like \Skype_old.  Restart Skype and see if your contacts are back to normal.

Note:  Renaming the Skype folder will move IM and call history to the renamed folder.  They can be recovered with a few extra steps.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 5 of 18 (5,712 Views)

thanks it worked

minnyzach
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 18 (5,700 Views)

Im having trouble too but with importing contacts with facebook, I use a pinned account on facebook for security protection and to keep my account from getting hacked but skype won't import from a pinned account off of facebook cause it don't give you a place to enter the pin you get from facebook to log on to it. So what do I do now? I know go punt skype in the wild blue yonder.

jughead4158
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 18 (4,578 Views)

When I bring up  contact list it does not allow for a video call. What can be done about this.?

mikekrakow1
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 18 (4,412 Views)

i have pay for my skpe why cant i use it
brownsuger1963
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 18 (3,736 Views)

Suddenly it started to happen that when I login with my account all my contacts disappear. I have tried doing the thing suggested above (going to "appdata" and renaming Skype folder) but all I did with that was to reset my Skype settings because all contacts remained gone.

Apparently, they can still see me as I was messaged before by an invisible contact.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

luiscrespo
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 18 (3,459 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling