Contacts name won't change

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Contacts name won't change

For some reason, my girlfriend profile name won't change on my computor. 

She's changed it a ton of times to see if it would work.

Hell, I just reinstalled Skype to see if that would work, but no dice...

Since we're hardcore RPers, we often change our names to the characters we RP the most at teh current time. For months, hers has been Caroline (as in from Portal 2)... 

She chnaged it to her OC Hunter from L4D, but she's still coming up as Caroline for me...

It's been like this all summer...

How the hell do I fix it?

Ryypmav
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,430 Views)

Re: Contacts name won't change

I'm having the same problem. I changed my Full Name on this site's Account Profile Details page but others still see me with my old name.
Shinichiro
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (1,162 Views)

Me too. I uninstalled my Skype application, deleted all skype settings, created a new profile with a different e-mail adress and I also identified with my previous account name when I send messages.
mickglt33
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (1,138 Views)

Same problem. (For partly the same reason as the OP, haha. I think most people don't change their display names so frequently!)

I wish there were a fix for this - it only started happening to me in the past few weeks.

EldritchHorror
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)

Yeah  i changed my name to "Definitely Batman" and have since changed it again multiple times but to my friends I still appear as Batman. They tried deleting my name and I got rid of all names on my end but i'm still the batman...

Would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to stop being the Batman.

hamopeace
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling