Contact blocked and removed me as a contact but no...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Contact blocked and removed me as a contact but now I can them online

Hi,

A contact told me they would block me on Skype and I agreed. They blocked me and removed me as a contact (they disappeared from my contacts list and when I clicked on an old chat I saw the message 'this person has not shared contact details with you').

But now this person is showing as online again! I can also see their status, profile, photo etc. Does this mean they have added me as a contact again?

I thought that if they wanted to add me again, they would have to send me a request.

Can this be a Skype error? Or is it because they blocked me and I didn't block them?

This person has blocked me on other social media (like Facebook), I'm pretty sure they haven't unblocked me.

Any help would be appreciated as this is really bothering me.

Thanks

moonfru1t
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (8,109 Views)

Re: Contact blocked and removed me as a contact but now I can them online

[ Edited ]

moonfru1t wrote:
A contact told me they would block me on Skype and I agreed. They blocked me and removed me as a contact (they disappeared from my contacts list and when I clicked on an old chat I saw the message 'this person has not shared contact details with you').

when someone removes you from THEIR contact list, it does not remove them from YOUR contact list

moonfru1t wrote:

But now this person is showing as online again! I can also see their status, profile, photo etc. Does this mean they have added me as a contact again?

all it says is that you are no longer blocked -- you may or may not have ever been removed from their contact list

moonfru1t wrote:

I thought that if they wanted to add me again, they would have to send me a request.

Can this be a Skype error? Or is it because they blocked me and I didn't block them?

there is no need for you to re-authorize this contact because you never blocked them or removed them from your contact list

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 305
Message 2 of 5 (8,091 Views)

I have removed contacts from my contact list. but they still show up as online and even can message and call me. I dont want to block them because someone can check my skype account and see those contacts. How to get rid of unwanted contacts without blocking them?
MTK
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (8,023 Views)

MTK wrote:
I have removed contacts from my contact list. but they still show up as online and even can message and call me. I dont want to block them because someone can check my skype account and see those contacts. How to get rid of unwanted contacts without blocking them?

I you are running a current version of the Skype client for Windows, removing individuals from your contact list revokes their ability to see your private profile details and your online status -- setting your privacy settings to allow calls or messages only from people on your contact list, will prevent them from contacting you without the need for you to block them -- the fact that you may remain on their contact list should be of no concern to you, based on these facts

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 305
Message 4 of 5 (8,019 Views)

I have removed a contact from skype 2 weeks ago.  Just yesterday the contact showed up in my contacts with a "pending authorization request" next to it.  I have not befriended them again so I am confused...  I also didn't see a friend request asking me to deny or accept.  

Neil, help :happy:  Thanks! 

hubuster
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (7,557 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling