Contact Sounds for Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Contact Sounds for Skype

[ Edited ]

Skype Community,

If you're away from Skype, then how do you know who sent you a message? Imagine using contact sounds to improve your decision making. Whether you're busy with work or just trying to catch some sleep, you could use this feature to decide whether a contact needs your attention.

The ability to designate contact sounds is a worthy consideration for users evaluating Skype features for home or business use. This feature could evoke confidence in users considering Skype Premium. After uppgrading from Messenger to Skype, Messenger users should be rewarded with contact sounds for Skype.

If you're like me, then you can't adopt Skype without this feature. Doing so would reduce your efficiency and create overhead in nearly every situation. Messenger users, tell them we need contact sounds for Skype!

P.S. Read about custom log in sounds for each contact, and post links to other topics relating to contact sounds.

Sincerely,
John Gill
Former User of Messenger

Please use plain text.
jrgill
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (26,104 Views)

Re: Contact Sounds for Skype

hi, just registered to say the skype sounds suck and to support another lost messenger feature! there needs to be MORE customization FOR THE USERS and contact sounds would be a great start. hope to see some keyword sounds and even something like messenger nudge. just look at all the negative results for this search about skype nudge... http://www.google.com/search?q=skype+nudge

plz support your loyal messenger users!!!
Please use plain text.
santiago73
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (8,179 Views)
jrgill
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (5,487 Views)

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, it appears that third party solutions cannot support unlinked Messenger contacts (l:username) because the current protocol or API does not expose specific data for these contacts. This limited experience will render difficulty for Skype and its cultivation of upgrade leaders. With many Messenger users bypassing the required upgrade via Messenger Reviver or other methods, the Skype experience could become degraded for all users until MSNP servers shut down. Finally, Messenger users will be forced to make their decision.

Please use plain text.
jrgill
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (3,032 Views)

Wanted to add my reply to this as well - I have used Skype for years, back when I worked at eBay, then again at Zenoss, and personally throughout that time as well.  Having one account for both work and personal contacts, having different audio notifications for different contacts (or even just the ability to define classification schemes) would be very helpful.

I registered on this site just to add in and request this.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Burbel
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (513 Views)

Please show your support for this improvement idea: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client-Ideas/Ability-to-set-different-sounds-for-diffe...

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13935
Message 6 of 6 (506 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling