Cobra Digital PC1000 Webcam is not recognized by s...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Cobra Digital PC1000 Webcam is not recognized by skype

I was given a Cobra Digital PC 1000 "Ultimate Webcam" and I plugged it in and installed all the drivers and software. However I can only use the software to view myself and skype is unable to detect and/or use the webcam device. If anyone has any idea on how to make this thing play nice with skype I greatly appreciate it.

TheDukeWayne
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (745 Views)

Re: Cobra Digital PC1000 Webcam is not recognized by skype

So I managed to answer my own question......The trick is to install the "Smart Cam Plus" first. Then install the camera drivers which then it will search for installed features (aforementioned instructions) which will then lead to a restart screen. Restart your computer. After that do not and I REPEAT DO NOT OPEN SMART CAM FOR ANY REASON.

You may however open skype. Click TOOLS, OPTIONS, VIDEO tab and test your camera and it should work. If it crashes for any reason. Completely shut down skype and restart it and try again. I would also advise that if you still have a receipt and the ability to do so. Do it now. This camera is junk and I recommend Logitech products. But if you wish to keep it this is how you get it to work. Good luck.

TheDukeWayne
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (743 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling