Chat history

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Chat history

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I have a question that I hope u guys could help me with! I have bought a laptop so I can work with my projects at school. The thing is that I also want to download skype and login to my account on my laptop, as I'm able to do on my other home-computer. I want the chat-history to be transferred from my home-PC to my laptop, and then my question to you is: Am I able to login at my account at the same time on two different computers/IP:s so my history starts the transfer?

Thanks!

mroniono
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 26 (16,233 Views)

Re: Chat history

You can be logged in to the same Skype account on two different computers at the same time and the most recent chat conversations should be synchronized between these devices.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6291
Message 2 of 26 (16,219 Views)

Hi and thank you for a very quick answer! 

So if i got you right, i can login at my laptop and i will NOT be outlogged from my home-pc?

Kind regards

mroniono
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 26 (16,214 Views)

Yes, you will NOT be outlogged from your home-pc.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6291
Message 4 of 26 (16,205 Views)

Alright! Then i will start the sync when i arrive to school :happy:

Thanks once again for the very quick answers and have a nice day! 

mroniono
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 26 (16,199 Views)

I bought a new laptop and replaced my old one. Can I get chat history for more than 30 days? I would like entire history or at least a year.

ppc500
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 26 (16,006 Views)

ppc500 wrote:

I bought a new laptop and replaced my old one. Can I get chat history for more than 30 days? I would like entire history or at least a year.

Please see-

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Transferring-message-files/m-p/944216#M69220

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6067
Message 7 of 26 (16,002 Views)

Hi, I need to download chat history for immigration purposes.  How do I down load 12 months of communication I have had with a person?

kiranmehta60
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 26 (15,268 Views)

kiranmehta60 wrote:

Hi, I need to download chat history for immigration purposes.  How do I down load 12 months of communication I have had with a person?

please do not double-post

it is against forum rules and causes extra work

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 269
Message 9 of 26 (15,265 Views)

Sorry 1st time user.

kiranmehta60
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 26 (15,259 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling