Changing a Skype Account on a Computer

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Changing a Skype Account on a Computer

I created a Skype account for my wife on my laptop and now her Skyp account starts up when I start my computer.  I would like to have my Skype account start when I boot up.  How do I change Skype accounts? 

jht250
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,568 Views)

Re: Changing a Skype Account on a Computer

1) sign your wife out of Skype (Skype>Sign Out)

2) ensure that the 'Start Skype...' and 'Sign me in...' are ticked

3) sign in using your credentials and when you want to stop running Skype, right-click on the Skype icon in the 'system tray' (right side of taskbar) and select Quit

when computer is re-started after doing the above, Skype will start automatically and you will be signed in

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 295
Message 2 of 3 (2,322 Views)

Re: Changing a Skype Account on a Computer

Thankyou Neil, this worked brilliantly

yvon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,724 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling