Change Skype Picture Library Location. Please. Hel...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Change Skype Picture Library Location. Please. Help.

Alright. So my skype used to take conversation pictures from the correct folder. The one located in appdata and what not.

As a result of some freak accident, it pulled images straight from my main images folder that I actually save things I download. Thinking this was just clutter it pullde from my main images folder and not the actual folder itself, I deleted them. So I lost a bunch of things I can't get back.

Problem being, I can't seem to change the folder it connects to. I deleted the empty folder it was on, since I deleted everything by accident, and it just went to the folder that it was contained it.

People say I can't change the location where skype Picture Library pulls images. Hopefully someone on here is smart enough to help me.

Stein63
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,142 Views)

Re: Change Skype Picture Library Location. Please. Help.

Please see-

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/snapshot-gallery/m-p/960628#M70701

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6204
Message 2 of 3 (1,135 Views)

Re: Change Skype Picture Library Location. Please. Help.

[ Edited ]

Stein63 wrote:

Alright. So my skype used to take conversation pictures from the correct folder. The one located in appdata and what not.

As a result of some freak accident, it pulled images straight from my main images folder that I actually save things I download. Thinking this was just clutter it pullde from my main images folder and not the actual folder itself, I deleted them. So I lost a bunch of things I can't get back.

Problem being, I can't seem to change the folder it connects to. I deleted the empty folder it was on, since I deleted everything by accident, and it just went to the folder that it was contained it.

People say I can't change the location where skype Picture Library pulls images. Hopefully someone on here is smart enough to help me.

Skype always defaults to looking in %appdata%\skype\pictures folder for avatar pictures, but you can browse anywhere you want during the selection process

what you may not realize is that Skype takes a COPY of the picture you select, leaving the original untouched

when you have done configuring the picture you are going to use for your avatar, the original picture in the folder where you selected it from can be deleted or moved without affecting your avatar

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 301
Message 3 of 3 (1,122 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling