Caught in a Login Loop

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Caught in a Login Loop

[ Edited ]

Hi,

After happily using skype for the last few months (after moving from Messenger Live), today I rebooted my PC and got a login prompt for Skype??  unusual but hey maybe something updated i thought to myself... 

so...

If I login with my old skype account i do not see all my Messenger contacts.

however...

If i login with my Messenger login, it will not let me proceed untill I "merge" with a skype account...  when i try to merge with my skype account it says i cant it's already merged to that account!!!! 

I've tried every permutation of login i can see but still caught in a login loop :sad: it's driving me nuts!

so before I give up and delete the *bleeping* program for good.  Can anyone advise me how i can login to skype using my messenger login?

thanks!

whitespirit
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (169 Views)

Re: Caught in a Login Loop

ok, so after further testing, it seems the issue is because I was trying to login with a different messenger login to the one i had originally merged (i have a work and home one and forgot which one I was using) doh! *slaps head*
whitespirit
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling