Cannot install skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Cannot install skype

I erased my hard disk, installed again the Windows XP version 2002 with pack service 3, I downloaded the skype normally. But I have a problem to INSTALL, I tried several time, but always crashed at the end of the installation, the computer switchs off and reinciate without the complete installation, the Skype icon is there, but the program does not appear in the list of installed programs

chrislepel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (363 Views)

Re: Cannot install skype

Try using this link to download the full installer to your hard drive:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Run the file when the download is complete to see if that works any better for you.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 901
Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: Cannot install skype

You are not the only around who's having that problem!
I did a re install, it works fine but for the "log in" it trys but fails to make the conection? telling me to try again later? that's been happrning since the frist crash!!!
jon150248
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (200 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling