Cannot hear people but they can hear me

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Cannot hear people but they can hear me

Hi people i need help skype is sooo annoying.

I cannot hear people even though they can hear me. My audio settings are fine my speakers workk fine. I can hear the ringing tone, their microphone reacts to their voice. My speakers react to their voice in the skype audio settings, the green bar increases when they talk therefore my computer has acknowledged the sound but i just cannot hear it.

My pc is NOT on mute neither is theirs.

Please help

ronnied11
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 14 (15,446 Views)

Re: Cannot hear people but they can hear me

I think both parties should call echo123 (sound testing service) first just to check who side have the issue. :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1662
Message 2 of 14 (15,438 Views)

i used echo123 & its my computer i cant hear anything. do u have any ideas??

ronnied11
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 14 (15,435 Views)

now i can hear my friend but it is extremely quiet practically nothing.

ronnied11
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 14 (15,432 Views)

my friend said her microphone volume is low but skype will not let her turn it up.

ronnied11
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 14 (15,431 Views)

this is getting a bit confusing as you initially mentioned that other people were able to hear you, but now you can't hear yourself when you called echo123.

For now, let try to check your microphone settings;

1.  Click Tools >> Options >> General Settings >> Audio Settings

2.  Check if the prefered microphone device is selected in the Microphone dropdown selection.

3.  You can also change the order of preference of available microphones by clicking the Show Advanced Options button.

Just remember to click Save whenever you make any changes.

Then call echo123 to check.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 6 of 14 (15,426 Views)

I think it's a bit clearer now.  If what you mean is you can't hear both the automated voice and your own voice recording when you called echo123, then the issue might have something to do with your speaker/headset.

Basically, troubleshooting is very similar to the one I posted above.  This time, you will just select options under Speakers.  There's also a little green Play Speakers icon in that section.  You can also click this icon to check your speakers/headset.

Primemover
Power User
Message 7 of 14 (15,420 Views)

I have a similar problem: I have a good connection, so does my interlocutor. We have both checked the echo123 all fine. When I, or the other party, tries to connect, we can hear for a couple of seconds, then I loose the audio. My interlocutor can hear every word I say. 

perenerud
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 14 (15,371 Views)

If you have the normal Skype version installed, please install the beta version, if you have the beta version installed please install the normal version from Skype.com, please do NOT remove the current Skype installation, install over it.

You can install the current release or the Current beta release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal or beta release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufactures?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 9 of 14 (15,368 Views)

how do you call echo123 ???

I tested all my equipment and it showed to be working fine.  Still can't hear my callers.  They can hear me just fine. 

Help!

Curlysmoke14
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 14 (15,185 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling