Cannot delete profile picture

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Cannot delete profile picture

I cannot delete my profile picture. Please help.  When I click to edit my picture a window opens so that I can upload a new picture. There is no delete option to remove my current picture. Thanks.

gerwalk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 22 (76,352 Views)

Re: Cannot delete profile picture

I think that the Remove Profile Image was last seen on version 5.3, and no longer available in version 5.5

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1661
Message 2 of 22 (76,187 Views)

I have the same poblem. Is there no way I can delete profile pictures from Skype?

karang89
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 22 (75,824 Views)

there is, but it could be very impractical to revert to 5.3 just to delete your profile picture.  This is not a solution, but just a workaround, you can simply use the image below as your profile picture (which is basically a copy of the default image in the profile picture box).  :happy:

the image

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1661
Message 4 of 22 (75,822 Views)

Previous post helps! :happy:

It is really a shame they removed an option to delete profile pic.

paveli
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 22 (75,613 Views)

Low tech solution! Place thumb over camera lense and take a new photo.

Briancabs
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 22 (74,261 Views)

I find this to be very irritating and if the Skype support does not adress this issue quick I am inclined to release this to some sources who love to deal with companies taking away the users freedom rights.

burgerton
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 22 (73,266 Views)

Re: Cannot delete profile picture. It's not even me. How did it get on there

Can not delete my profile picture. It is not me

caroleann05
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 22 (72,386 Views)

hello...gudevening evryone..how to delete my account here in skype??

ronald123456789
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 22 (72,383 Views)

go to change picture cover the lens of the camera take a picture. you have a blank photo
tr1942
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 22 (71,052 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling