Cannot create a new skype account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Cannot create a new skype account

Hi

I want to create a skype account. Always after clicking the apply button, the boxes country and language and the two password fields are marked red. Skype name is okay and passwords are identical.

What's the problem? 

Regards

andrea_udo_ch
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (9,494 Views)

Re: Cannot create a new skype account

Hello!

Make sure that you entered correct information and If you checked the Skype terms and agree.

Also, you must provide a valid e-mail to Skype for contacting you if there's a matter with your account.

Have a nice day.
FCFirstClass
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 7 (9,486 Views)

i also entered all the information required but when clicking I agree its going back to the top and the Country, Language and the passward box is red.. have tried more then 10 times now but still facing the same problem. Not sure is it a technical problem or somethng else .. plz help

pshuvo
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 7 (9,444 Views)

If you are trying to do this from the Skype.com website please try doing this from the Skype client program. If you are trying to do this from the Skype client program, please try doing this from the Skype.com website by clicking the "Account" link at the top of this page.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 4 of 7 (9,442 Views)

In addition, below are guidelines regarding selecting or creating your password (as posted by mod r4ndom)

A password must:

• Be at least 6 characters and not longer than 20 characters.
  • Contain at least one letter and one number.
  • Not have any spaces.
  • Not contain your Skype Name (case insensitive).
  • Not be a part of Skype Name (case insensitive).

Your password also cannot contain any of the following words:

• qwert
  • test
  • password
  • abc123
  • 123abc
  • abcdef
  • iloveyou
  • letmein
  • ebay
  • paypal

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1506
Message 5 of 7 (9,438 Views)

can i load local credit and use it for skype.if not how can i acquire skype credit
Posted from Opera Opera Mini for S60
louisbogere
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (5,730 Views)

We should not have to create a really long and complex password we cannot remember for every site out there, why not a centralized place for passwords, a lot of sites are using facebook for that (which I think is the wrong site).

Another problem is that if you come up with a nice password that you use everywhere but it is kept in your computer unencrypted (with a decent algorithm) by a poorly design website, then your nice password accounts to nothing.

StuartLoria
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (2,796 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling