Cannot Uninstall Skype!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Cannot Uninstall Skype!

[ Edited ]

I try to uninstall skype and install again! But every time i tried to uninstall. This windows pop up. Does anybody know how to solve that problem?windows.png

This widget could not be displayed.
Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

IWan00b wrote:

When i open it came out this. Windows

Try Below:

Here is a Mr. Fixit

Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically

Click Run Now >> Click Accept >> Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply >> Select Uninstall >> Not Listed >> Next >> Paste "{AA59DDE4-B672-4621-A016-4C248204957A}" (Without the quotes) >> Next >> Yes, try Uninstall >> Next >> Fixed >> Next >> You’ll see Fixed (Green Tick) >> Next >> Yes the problem has been fixed >> Next >> Click Close.

Now try to install again from the link below:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.7.0.137.msi

View solution in original post
IWan00b
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (8,898 Views)

Re: Cannot Uninstall Skype!

Start Windows File Explorer (Windows Key + E) and navigate to this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Skype\{AA59DDE4-B672-4621-A016-4C248204957A}

Open this folder. What do you see there? Might be something like Skype.msi or SkypeSetup_5.5.X.X., where X stays for some numbers.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6974
Message 2 of 6 (8,737 Views)

IWan00b
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (8,733 Views)

IWan00b wrote:

Try Below:

Here is a Mr. Fixit

Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically

Click Run Now >> Click Accept >> Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply >> Select Uninstall >> Not Listed >> Next >> Paste "{AA59DDE4-B672-4621-A016-4C248204957A}" (Without the quotes) >> Next >> Yes, try Uninstall >> Next >> Fixed >> Next >> You’ll see Fixed (Green Tick) >> Next >> Yes the problem has been fixed >> Next >> Click Close.

Now try to install again from the link below:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.7.0.137.msi

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6477
Message 4 of 6 (8,721 Views)

I had the same problem, tried the Microsoft Fixit but this did not work - it also said it was unable to uninstall the old Skype (V 5.5) but in the process it did stop Skype from functioning at all (I could no longer open Skype, although it still appeared on my list of installed programmes in Control Panel...and I still could not update to the new Skype).  I had to do a system restore to get Skype 5.5 back again and am still absolutely stuck as far as updating to 5.8 goes.  I am using Win XP, so wonder if this is an attempt by Microsoft to force XP users to migrate to Win7...

Any other suggestions as to how I can remove Skype 5.5 from my system would be appreciated!

Thanks

Peter

pete_hawkes
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (8,425 Views)

Download Revo Uninstaller from FileHippo.com. Go to "Hunter Mode",click on it.  Open Skype,drag the "crosshairs" onto the open Skype application,and follow the uninstall prompts. It's that easy.

spock417
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 6 (6,059 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling