Re: Cannot Install Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Cannot Install Skype

I perform the following steps and can't get skype to install:

1. I Download skypesetupfull.exe

2. I click on the I agree – next button at the next screen.

Eventually after a please wait while installing message appears, I get an error message:

We are having problems connecting to the download server. To download an alternative

installer for skype, click the download button.

3. I click download again and receive another file  (skypesetup.exe instead of skypsetupfull.exe).

4. I repeat the process again and get the same error message again.

Any thoughts on this?

marcwalc
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (579 Views)

i have a same problem expect it wont even go to the server, it says it cant connect and i can go open a internet explorer window and get perfect connect

kriscrow
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]

try install Skype with this link:

http://www.skype.com/go/downloading-business

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6075
Message 3 of 5 (573 Views)

bingo that worked! sure am happy now. thanks!

marcwalc
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (564 Views)

You are very welcome and thanks for the feedback.
Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6075
Message 5 of 5 (555 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling