Can't uninstall Skype Click to Call for Chrome

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't uninstall Skype Click to Call for Chrome

Every time I close chrome or try to uninstall click to call I get this message: "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I really don't want the click to call although it does work, but I am really annoyed by constant message. I've tried uninstalling from the chrome toolbar, control panel, reinstalling it, and even changing/repairing it every time I'm met with the same message.

Any ideas to make it go away? 

hatetosignup
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (10,105 Views)

Re: Can't uninstall Skype Click to Call for Chrome

Your problem might be that Vbscript is not enabled on your computer. See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Community-feedback/Error-code-2738-after-install/m-p/260502/message-ui...

Some users have also reported that it was necessary first to uninstall Chrome, then uninstall Click to Call and so install Chrome again.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6057
Message 2 of 13 (10,003 Views)

Thanks I was finally able to get rid of it with this: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

hatetosignup
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (9,996 Views)

that uninstall trouble shooter doesn't even work for me...it wont install and gets an error every time...
I WOULD LIKE TO UNINSTALL CLICK TO CALL TOOLBAR!
I have already uninstalled it from Chrome but when I try to uninstall it from the add/remove ...it keeps giving me an error message saying I need to close all open chrome windows first.....and chrome isn't even running.....even went to task manager and killed all google programs but still the same error message EVERY TIME!
ANNOYING! someone tell me how to get rid of this crap please!
nycmon
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 13 (9,745 Views)

Thank you,

that finally worked for me

raschmo
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 13 (9,632 Views)

I've wasted so much time with this problem, I'll never purchase skype credits again.

davidriewe
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 13 (7,623 Views)

[ Edited ]

It was expected for Skype to start packing your computer with crapware after it was purchased by Microsoft

dvnitycker
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 13 (7,156 Views)

click to call was available for Skype long before Microsoft bought Skype
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 297
Message 8 of 13 (7,152 Views)

I'm having the same issue. I can't remove Click to Call because the installer is asking me to close all Chrome Windows before continuing. I have no Chrome Windows open either.  How do I resolve this?

demoreno
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 13 (4,526 Views)

You may need to uninstall Chrome, uninstall Click-to-Cal and then re-install Chrome again.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6057
Message 10 of 13 (4,524 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling