Re: Can't send any group messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't send any message

I have a problem and I can't find the solution anywhere.

I am writing a message on the writing field, and then when i click on the "send" button or on ENTER, nothing happens, and the message stays on the writing field.

the noly thing i can do is to send smilies.

Moreover,my voice and video chats don't work either.

I have tried already reinstelling and opening several acounts,but nothing works.

please help.

sheerarik1997
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 15 (6,104 Views)

Can't send any group messages

I have a similar problem. I type a message, then when I send it, it doesn't appear where the messages go, but the field is empty. I can still receive messages and send messages to one person, but I was in a group chat, then it all-of-a-sudden stopped working. Please help!!!! It's driving me crazy, I can't contact my friends!!!! :sad: 

momo55chocolate
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 15 (5,972 Views)

Re: Can't send any group messages

Yup.  I am having exactly the same problem.

I have tried all of the solutions suggested elsewhere - uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, deleting files, renaming folders, etc. - and nothing works.  It worked just fine yesterday.

Kozmo
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 15 (5,645 Views)

Re: Can't send any message

I have the same problem and just sent this same reply to another similar post. On instant messaging I can't send any text as if the [Enter] button is not working, not even when clicking with the mouse on the blue round button to send, only emoticons can be sent. My carriage return is working fine anywhere else and for the record my keybord is a Logitech K520 Wireless Combo.

This first happened when I updated from v5.8 or v5.9 to v5.10.0.114, the only way I could fix this was to downgrade back to v5.8. Now I noticed v5.10.0.116 was out so I upgraded and still the same issue. Can you guys at Skype fix this problem?

I will now have to downgrade again to the lastest version that works.

Nandos
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 15 (5,579 Views)

Dear All,

Please note that Skype is aware of the issues you have reported here in this thread.  Thank you for your detailed explanations!

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1936
Message 5 of 15 (5,570 Views)

I can confirm the lastest version that works is v5.9.0.123. Anyone affected by this should download v5.9.0.123 here: http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.9.0.123.msi and await for a fix on a future release version.

It seems this problem was introduced in version 5.10+

Nandos
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 15 (5,563 Views)

Okay, I downloaded and installed v5.9.0.123 and it STILL doesn't work.  Same problem.

Kozmo
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 15 (5,550 Views)

Humm! Beginning to wonder that this is more related to installation/configuration than to version number. What I did before uninstalling, was, I cleared all cookies and history from Skype settings, then uninstalled, then deleted all Skype folders found on the filesystem, restarted and installed a fresh v5.9.0.123.

Nandos
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 15 (5,532 Views)

Well, you hit the nail on the spot, Nandos !!! Many thanks and I wish I could recommend you with much more kudos !! I'm on and messaging happily again. Thanks again !
alida
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (5,483 Views)

My pleasure, thanks for the kudos.
Nandos
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 15 (5,449 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling