Can't send IM's

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't send IM's

Got a weird bug today which hasn't occured for me for the past 3-4 years that I have been using Skype.

I can't send any IM's. When I hit the Enter button nothing happens. I can send "Smileys" by choosing them from the "smiley-menu" but I can't send them by typing the commands in the chat window.

I have tried reinstalling Skype, installed an older version, installed a newer version and restarted my computer several times. It's only in Skype I have this issue and the Enter button works fine at the login screen when I start Skype.

I'm using Windows 7 with the latest updates and a homebuilt computer which hasn't had any issues similar to this one before.

4liv3
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 17 (1,913 Views)

Re: Can't send IM's

Any help here? It's getting really frustrating and it still hasn't fixed itself. I've tried absolutely everything I can think of with no success at all.

4liv3
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 17 (1,744 Views)

Bump. Is there a solution to this?

4liv3
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 17 (1,724 Views)

Bump.

4liv3
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 17 (1,719 Views)

Just noticed that I can also copy what other people have said and paste it into my chat window and press enter and that works perfectly. But I still can't send anything that i write myself.

4liv3
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 17 (1,710 Views)

Whenever I send an IM to anyone, I just see a dark circle right next to my message. It never goes through, nor do I receive any messages. What is going on?

dizzy_2012
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 17 (1,531 Views)

Are you and your conatcts "Online" on Skype? The status icon (the one next to the name) must be solid green with a white checkmark inside.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5038
Message 7 of 17 (1,524 Views)

Did u solve the problem? I have the same issue now :sad:

Kate00
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 17 (1,420 Views)

I have the same problem here and nothing saves me :sad: This is so irritating.

Simplekash
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 17 (1,374 Views)

I fixed the problem thanks too "Tamim".

Just install internet explorer 8 if you are using windows xp.

SoLiD
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 17 (1,342 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling