Can't see webcam on the other end

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't see webcam on the other end

[ Edited ]

I try to talk to my Father-in-law in Ghana. He can hear and see his Grandchildren but we cannot hear or see him. Please, help or advise him. Thanks!

Azhanteewaa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (3,186 Views)

Re: Can't see webcam on the other end

You and your father-in-law should each click on Help > About Skype.  If you're not both running version 5.8.0.156, the latest version as of today, update via this link:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

For further troubleshooting:

What type webcam does your father-in-law have?

Does he have the same problem with all contacts or only with you?

Do you have the same problem with other contacts or only with him?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 861
Message 2 of 7 (3,177 Views)

i also have same issue i have internet cafe and have 11 computer my some user when open video chat its work but some sime same issue they see only 3 bars on friend cam  ....i had 6.10 then i update to 6.11  same issue then i install 6.1 but not solved i have s3  unchrome video card i have update all driver but still have problem on my main computer when i talk to my father or other 2 friends the same isue 3 bars but i talk to some one other friend its fine but mostly 3 bars plssssssssssssssssssssss solve my problem skype destroying  my buisness

afzaalhussain
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (1,470 Views)

Make sure both you and your contacts are using the latest Skype version. If you don't see their video then it's more likely that the problem is at their end with recording and sending the video.

Do you know which Skype version your contacts are on?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14230
Message 4 of 7 (1,464 Views)

dear i have 11 computer and my coustemer donot understand version  some client speak well but some see same bar now i have 6.1  with msi first i have installed 6.11--5.5..5.0  but video not work same bar on some friend cams

afzaalhussain
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (1,460 Views)

see the picture and i also choose methos changing name old_skype but no result then i remove

afzaalhussain
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (1,455 Views)

pls help me i have 6.13 my father also have 6.13 why i cannot see well image see images i have problem with other friend also same problem but on some one friend work fine thnx

afzaalhussain
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (1,421 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling