Re: Can't login to Skype through application SW

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Can't login to Skype through application SW

Hello,

I created a skype account and downloaded the SW and installed it on my computer - Toshiba Satellite 32-bit running Windows 7 Pro. I have made sure an exception was created with my Firewall and it is not blocking the application. However, when I click "Sign Me In" on the welcome screen, a blue circle just keep going round and round for ever and it never signs in (see screen shot attached) - it also never times out which is annoying. I can sign in fine via the webiste. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an IT interview via skype on wednesday and it would embarrasing if I couldn't even get Skype going.

Thanks,

Steve

This widget could not be displayed.
zotamus
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Hey folks,

I had already gone through the suggested list of possible ways to fix the login problem, but to no avail. I finally figured out what it was.  Apparently Skype has an incompatibility issue with my USB external Logitech webcam. I figured it out because I couldn't use the webcam with other programs while Skype was installed. As soon as I uninstalled Skype, the problem went away. I also installed Skype on a newer computer with a integrated webcam and it worked fine. I supposed it might also be an incompatibility with the Laptop drivers as well, but they are current. The laptop is a 2007 though.

That was a nice was of four hours of my time. They should really put up a HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) for skype software if they are just not going to work with some cameras or drivers. At the very least the software should tell you that there is a problem rather than just sitting there and spinning forever. Pretty lame...

Cheers,

Steve 

View solution in original post
zotamus
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (1,334 Views)

I am having the same issue, any ideas/reasons why it's doing this? 

zoe1991
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (1,096 Views)

Nope. Pretty lame in my opinion. I even disabled my firewall and it won't connect.

zotamus
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (1,083 Views)

My gosh..I am having the same problem just now (probably started a couple days ago since I have not check and or open my skype account..I am about to re-install skype..but after reading the same issues maybe I have to wait for a while..probably just a bug?

monkey2003
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (1,077 Views)

Hi!  the thread which link is pasted below is a compilation of the suggestions and procedures that fixed Skype related problems in many cases.  I hope that the suggestions there would also help resolve the issues in your case.

Skype Problems Troubleshooting Procedures (Windows)

:happy:

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 227
Message 5 of 7 (1,075 Views)

Hey folks,

I had already gone through the suggested list of possible ways to fix the login problem, but to no avail. I finally figured out what it was.  Apparently Skype has an incompatibility issue with my USB external Logitech webcam. I figured it out because I couldn't use the webcam with other programs while Skype was installed. As soon as I uninstalled Skype, the problem went away. I also installed Skype on a newer computer with a integrated webcam and it worked fine. I supposed it might also be an incompatibility with the Laptop drivers as well, but they are current. The laptop is a 2007 though.

That was a nice was of four hours of my time. They should really put up a HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) for skype software if they are just not going to work with some cameras or drivers. At the very least the software should tell you that there is a problem rather than just sitting there and spinning forever. Pretty lame...

Cheers,

Steve 

zotamus
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have bought Nokia C3-00..& downloaded skype Version 1.20.0.11 in my cell...while running this application...it said "Failed to connect Skype Server" what is the meaning of this message..???  How can I fix this problem.

deepti766
Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (568 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling