Can't hide last name?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't hide last name?

[ Edited ]

I'd like to hide my last name on my personal information (either be able to delete it or hide it).  But it wont let me delete it so how can I hide it?

Nevermind I got it :bigsmile:.

Lawllerskatez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (3,976 Views)

Re: Can't hide last name?

I've been having this exact same problem... Can you share how you were able to hide your last name?

ghatxx
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (3,666 Views)

I'd like to know how you were able to hide or delete your last name as well. It's amazingly stupid by Skype that you seemingly can't change such a private thing as your last name or your birthday from being fully searchable by anyone. 

To anyone finding this through Google:

-When you've first set your last name you can't delete or hide it, only change it to for example initials.

- In order to change your password you have to edit your profile on https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile, but it requires you to fill in your last name if you haven't already done so. Beware. 

timss
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (3,567 Views)

For those who haven't figured it out, I just got it.

Instead of clicking "Manage" and making the change in the browser, you can click the bold name above "Accounts: YourUserName" in the profile popup. I assume this is what will then appear on all public-facing stuff.

AMGitsKriss
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (3,533 Views)

[ Edited ]

Can confirm, thanks! Removed both my last name and my birthday using the Linux client. It was labeled as "Full name".

timss
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (3,516 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, i figured how to do it. u just need to go on the skype app on pc or mac. then go to your profile on there. the click ur name next to the pic u have, then delete the last name. VWA LA!

Spyalex2
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (3,057 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling