Can't hear callers via USB headset

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't hear callers via USB headset

Just got a new laptop with Win 7. Previous laptop was XP Pro.

Running Skype 6.1.0.129.

I Use a Logitech USB headset.

On previous laptop, Skype works fine.

On new laptop, I cannot hear callers. They can hear me.

I can play other audio apps and hear the audio in the headset.

Skype audio settings show "Logitech USB Headset" for both Microphone and Speakers.

Ringing is set to "Use selected speaker"

When I click the play button next the Speakers setting, I do not hear the sample ringing.

I chose a different audio device and then changed it back to the headset. Click Play again and now I hear the ringing.

Chose "Make a free test call". Cannot hear anything.

Go back to audio settings and click Play and now cannot hear the sample ringing!

This behavior is repeatable.

jilowite1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: Can't hear callers via USB headset

Try to connect your headset to another USB port.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7065
Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Can't hear callers via USB headset

I have the same problem but using a laptop where I had no problem previously.  The problem came when I upgraded top the latest Skype ver 6.6.

rodbryant
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling