Can't download Skype.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't download Skype.

Hi there, I'm new to Skype and am trying to download it, but can't seem to get past the installation step.

Every time I try to download it, everything works smoothly until my installation reaches 100%.  After that, I get the message "We are having problems connecting to the download server.

I tried it with the alternative installer as well, but that one won't even begin to install before giving me that same error message.

What exaclty am I supposed to do in this situation?  I have Windows XP and have also tried downloading it while turning both my firewall and anti virus software off.  Nothing seems to work.  I'm about ready to give up.

Alexapdos
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,044 Views)

Re: Can't download Skype.

[ Edited ]

suggestions;

• try using another browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc)
  • try the full installer

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full (windows)

or...

request someone to download the full installer for you, then send it via email (it's around 23mb), or upload it in an file hosting site.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1514
Message 2 of 5 (945 Views)

I am having the exact same problem...

I have downloaded the regular installer and the full installer as well, and it comes up with the same error message. 

Not getting any errors from windows firewall or anything either. 

Anyone know what I can do?

Carissa
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (856 Views)

please try the links and suggesions mentioned here;

Alternative Download Links (for Windows and Mac)

You can also try to temporarily disable your anti-virus/firewall software while downloading and installing Skype.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 226
Message 4 of 5 (848 Views)

ty very much-all thishelped me

Nina123456789
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (835 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling