Can't connect to facebook chat

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't connect to facebook chat

Hi,      

I can't connect to facebook chat, for some reason I'm getting this:  

"your list of friends isn't available right now.  Try reconnecting to Facebook".      

This is VERY weird because my facebook wall in skype home IS working properly... Meaning, I am connected to facebook.  

All the options on the skype app in FB are approved & set the right way.      

I don't know what to do, I've tried searching for people who have the same problem, I saw in forums that a LOT of people have this, but none of the answers people put out seem to solve it for me, I've tried:  

• disconnected from FB and logging in again  
  • Reinstalling Skype 5.8 (even tried 5.5 and 5.7) with a clean uninstall before.  
  • Saw a guy saying delete config.xml and another XML, didn't work as well.  
  • removed the Skype app on FB and put it in again.      

I really want that chat to work on Skype it's much easier than opening the FB page all the time...      

If any screenshots are required Plz tell me and i'll post them      

thanks,    

Dannyboy123
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,854 Views)

Re: Can't connect to facebook chat

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. I use Skype v5.9.0.123 and I tried all of these:

1. Solution 1 - log in with facebook mail
  2. Solution 2 - disconnecting from Facebook, and then connecting again
  3. Solution 3 - deleting skype appdata folder
  4. Solution 4 - log in with facebook app password (it won't accept app password)
  5. Solution 5 - removing skype authorization from facebook

and unfortunately, nothing of these worked. I've just reinstalled my OS, so there is not a chance that error was within Windows. The unusual thing about this problem is that skype successfully loads facebook statuses, but won't connect to facebook chat. Can anyone help?

eddiemc
Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (3,500 Views)

Did you ever get Facebook to connect? I'm having the same problem.

wdcguy
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (2,185 Views)

I'm facing the same issue, there is no facebook contacts in my skype.
What I noticed is that if I sort it via facebook, sometimes there is 1 FB contact, then it suddenly go off..then pop back a diff FB contact...then go off again...

Any other solutions than the above?
viperexken
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (1,705 Views)

Hi,      

I can't connect to facebook chat, for some reason I'm getting this:  

"your list of friends isn't available right now.  Try reconnecting to Facebook".      

This is VERY weird because my facebook wall in skype home IS working properly... Meaning, I am connected to facebook.  

All the options on the skype app in FB are approved & set the right way.      

I don't know what to do, I've tried searching for people who have the same problem, I saw in forums that a LOT of people have this, but none of the answers people put out seem to solve it for me, I've tried:  

• disconnected from FB and logging in again  
  • Reinstalling Skype 5.8 (even tried 5.5 and 5.7) with a clean uninstall before.  
  • Saw a guy saying delete config.xml and another XML, didn't work as well.  
  • removed the Skype app on FB and put it in again.      

I really want that chat to work on Skype it's much easier than opening the FB page all the time...      

If any screenshots are required Plz tell me and i'll post them      

thanks,    

bong007
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (679 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling