Can't Share Screens

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Can't Share Screens

I am prompted to upgrade to Skype Premium every time I try to share screens with another caller (who is on 5.8, like myself). I have tried this from the Call menu -> Share Screens or the + sign -> Share Screens.  This HAS worked with another caller is who on version 5.5. 

This widget could not be displayed.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

With version 5.8 you can't share your screen while you're webcam video is running.  That's why you're getting that prompt.  Turn off your webcam before trying to share and that should work.

View solution in original post
lcrane6
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (2,347 Views)

Re: Can't Share Screens

With version 5.8 you can't share your screen while you're webcam video is running.  That's why you're getting that prompt.  Turn off your webcam before trying to share and that should work.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 903
Message 2 of 10 (2,338 Views)

Thank you, that worked!

lcrane6
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (2,333 Views)

:(y):

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 10 (2,331 Views)

Ahoj, mám ten samý problém, mám verzi 5.8 , Win7 Home Premium 64-bit. Můj švagr má tuto verzi též a ten samý OS a sdílení mu funguje, jen s tím rozdílem, že on má notebook a já PC. Kde je tedy problém ? Poraďte prosím. Díky. Standa

Standa67
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 10 (2,242 Views)

Can you post in English in this English speaking forum? 

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 10 (2,233 Views)

I have bought skype premium but still cannot do screen sharing I have  version 5.10

lepocat
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 10 (1,645 Views)

What happens when you, or the contact you're talking to, tries to share a screen?

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 10 (1,639 Views)

Hey Skype you guys make a lot of $ on me anyway and at this moment you want me to pay another $5 for shareing screen ... Today I'am going to turn it off my skype , no more i will go to google , the idea of Skype was connecting with the people for free , but microsoft bought the service and now want only $, i will switch Today 4 Google  , i will cut them out of my money !!! 

P.s i think they will loose more than gain, today they put 5$ /mo for premium, and what we will have tomorrow? tomorrow will be without me .... ! 

Pmk
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (1,117 Views)

Did you both to read the answer posted earlier in this thread?  You do not have to pay to share your screen.  You just can't share screens while also sending your webcam video with the free version.

If that's too onerous for you...bye.  Have a good life.  :wink:

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 10 (1,112 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling