Camera control

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Camera control

Hi guys I just bought a webcam from eBay and its like really zoomed in my face. Anyway I went to change the video setting but the camera control tab is all greyed out? How can I set my zooming?

mikemann90
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,023 Views)

Re: Camera control

firstly, I think you may need to download/install/update the cam's software/driver.  Usually such options can be controlled/adjusted using the webcam's driver/software.  You can check the manufacturer's site to check the latest version of the driver/software for your cam (and possibly a user manual might also be available there).

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 503
Message 2 of 4 (1,012 Views)

The drivers are updated, I checked with windows

mikemann90
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (1,005 Views)

Windows only checks the bare-bones device drivers

check the manufacturer's site for the complete and latest software support package
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 4 of 4 (987 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling