Call a party in the U.S. from Sweden

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Call a party in the U.S. from Sweden

Hi,

I wonder wether I can use Skype to call a landline phone in the U.S. from my cell-phone/mobiltelefon (which uses a cash-card/kontantkort)?

If so, what would it approximately cost per minute? What other costs/surcharges are there besides the minute-fee?

Thank you.

This widget could not be displayed.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

If you have Skype on your mobile then yes, you can use it to call a U.S. phone number.  When calling via Skype, it only matters where you're calling to.  It doesn't matter where you're calling from.

You can make calls by purchasing Skype credits or a subscription.  See this link for pricing:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/

View solution in original post
VenusAndMars
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: Call a party in the U.S. from Sweden

If you have Skype on your mobile then yes, you can use it to call a U.S. phone number.  When calling via Skype, it only matters where you're calling to.  It doesn't matter where you're calling from.

You can make calls by purchasing Skype credits or a subscription.  See this link for pricing:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 940
Message 2 of 4 (242 Views)

Thank you g4pilut.
VenusAndMars
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (236 Views)

:(y):

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 940
Message 4 of 4 (233 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling