Re: CANNOT UNINSTALL CLICK TO CALL!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

CANNOT UNINSTALL CLICK TO CALL!

I WOULD LIKE TO UNINSTALL THE CLICK TO CALL TOOLBAR!

I have already uninstalled it from Chrome but when I try to uninstall it on Windows XP through the add/remove ...it keeps giving me an error message saying I need to close all open chrome windows first.....and chrome isn't even running.....even went to task manager and killed all Google programs but still the same error message EVERY TIME!

ANNOYING! Someone tell me how to get rid of this crap please!

nycmon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,198 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here is a Mr. FixIT

Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically

Click the Run Now Button.

Then try uninstalling the Click to Call Plugin.

If still the error persists;

Uninstall Chrome First > Then Uninstall Click to Call Plugin > After that Install Chrome again.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6304
Message 2 of 5 (1,065 Views)

Tamim you rock man this worked for me and I am sure will work for others! I spent a few hours trying to remove this thing and when I found your post I was like ehh I dont like downloading things but I will try it and it worked, so thank you for sharing this with us!
kool19822
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 5 (917 Views)

You are very welcome and thanks for the feedback.
Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6304
Message 4 of 5 (915 Views)

Tamim wrote:

Here is a Mr. FixIT

Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically

Click the Run Now Button.

Then try uninstalling the Click to Call Plugin.

If still the error persists;

Uninstall Chrome First > Then Uninstall Click to Call Plugin > After that Install Chrome again.

I'm having a major problem with Skype's click to call.  I have been using Chrome, and have Vista.  I have read that Visa and Skype are not compatible.  Somehow, click to call got loaded into my plugins and I can't stop the error messages and crashing.  It's now crashing Skype, Chrome constantly, and my other plugins RealNetwork, Shockwave, etc.  How the heck do I get this pieice of crap unloaded/deleted?  I can't find out where my plugins are even loaded.  HELP ANYONE!  I'll owe ya! :happy:

Seattledad
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (375 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling