Re: Blue screen when calling

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Blue screen when calling

Hello, today i wanted to call my friend but when the call started, i got blue screen after alike 3 secs. Next time again. Next time i realized it happens when i have the skype window active (not minimized) during call or when i hover my cursor over it. So i tried to close it ASAP after starting the call and it worked, we were talking without any problems. I opened a new window (game) and after some time i realized that my friend don't hear me, so i opened task manager, switched to skype and blue screen appeared immediately after i did that. I know i am not the only one with this problem, but i have been searching some forums and didn't find any solution, i have the newest version and newest graphics card drivers and i am reinstalling Skype right now.

My system specs:

Windows XP SP2

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz (single core)

2gb RAM

Radeon HD4650 (1gb)

Please use plain text.
Hyperion
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 19 (2,350 Views)

Reinstall fixed nothing, crashed immetiatelly after i accepted my friend's call
Please use plain text.
Hyperion
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 19 (2,169 Views)

Try to update your Windows XP to SP3.

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6392
Message 3 of 19 (2,165 Views)

Oh no i made a mistake- i don't have SP2, i have 2002 version and SP3 installed, sorry
Please use plain text.
Hyperion
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 19 (2,160 Views)

Open Windows Even Viewer and look for any recent error messages. Both in Applications and in System.

support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 19 (2,156 Views)

It seems like the crash created an EventLog in system, ID 6005. In applications, there are 2 events from the crash time- Security Center, ID 1800 and gupdate with description (translated): Cannot find ID description of event ( 0 ) in source ( gupdate ). Local computer maybe doesn't have informations of register or files of library DLL with messages needed to show messages from further computer. To gain this description, you can use parameter /AUXSOURCE=flag. Another informations found in help. Part of this event are following informations: Service stopped.
Please use plain text.
Hyperion
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 19 (2,144 Views)

This error message is related to Google Update service (gupdate). I don’t know how exactly this should be related to Skype, but maybe has something to do with the Skype toolbar installed in Google Chrome (do you have Chrome?). In any case, it’s best to delete this service. See here how to do this:

webtlk.com/2008/11/13/how-to-remove-or-uninstall-googleupdateexe/

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 19 (2,142 Views)

I checked my task manager and didn't find anything starting on G. I'll crash my PC by Skype again and see if there are different messages, i maybe picked the wrong ones
Please use plain text.
Hyperion
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 19 (2,137 Views)

Yeah i missed one, 3 messages show up in applications when it crashes- the SecurityCenter, gupdate and IJPLMSVC with ID 1. Description: The service is started.

Please use plain text.
Hyperion
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (2,136 Views)

That doesn't mean i fixed it, my Skype is still crashing my PC, help?

Please use plain text.
Hyperion
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 19 (2,125 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling