Blocked by group policy

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Blocked by group policy

Hi  there,

I using windows 7 ... I installed skype but whenever  I opened it .. I have "the program is blocked by group policy " ... I have the admin rights ...

Any one has a solution?

Thanks

D.

drwitura
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (3,550 Views)
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6426
Message 2 of 10 (3,539 Views)

Re: Blocked by group policy

drwitura wrote:

Hi  there,

I using windows 7 ... I installed skype but whenever  I opened it .. I have "the program is blocked by group policy " ... I have the admin rights ...

Any one has a solution?

Thanks

D.

*lights cigarette* 

Search registry.pol file in this folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy, then delete the registry.pol, which means restore the local policy to default. 

You may need to look in the location C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine.
As the folder may be hidden, you have to unhide hidden files and folders and unhide protected operating system files in Windows Explorer before you can see the file Registry.pol.

Some security softwares like anti-virus may preventing something to be installed. Temporary disable the Antivirus/Firwall and try to uninstall again.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6846
Message 3 of 10 (3,530 Views)

i using vista.. i installed skype bt wheneven i opned it,, "the programe is block by group policy .contact system admin...pls help me ............

kashnimahajan
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (3,370 Views)

??????
kashnimahajan
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (3,344 Views)

[ Edited ]

See this:

vistax64.com/tutorials/222866-local-group-policy-editor-open.html

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 10 (3,331 Views)

[ Edited ]

kashnimahajan wrote:

i using vista.. i installed skype bt wheneven i opned it,, "the programe is block by group policy .contact system admin...pls help me ............

try deleting the registry.pol

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-the-system-administrator-h...

In Vista default location of the file is:

C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 7 of 10 (3,312 Views)

stil not workng
kashnimahajan
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (3,285 Views)

kashnimahajan wrote:
stil not workng

Try to install the Portable version:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/skype_portable

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 10 (3,276 Views)

kashnimahajan wrote:
stil not workng

Go to the location below

C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User

C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine

Copy the two registry.pol files, compress and post the zip file in here

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 10 (3,273 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling