Blank Skype "Login" and "Add Contacts" screen.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Blank Skype "Login" and "Add Contacts" screen.

Alright. When you log into Skype there's this window that has white clouds on the bottom and blue at the middle and top for a background. There are supposed to be login boxes to type your name and password into, but instead all I get is the background image and no way to log in. The same thing happens when I finally get logged in and go to "Add contacts"  I am connected to my home internet, both of my antivirus programs are set to allow Skype, and I've loaded the most recent version of the program twice, properly uninstalling it each time before I load it again. I can't log in through the welcome screen, and I can't add any of my friends to my contacts list. Any ideas?

KittyFrost
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (9,458 Views)

Re: Blank Skype "Login" and "Add Contacts" screen.

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
Which version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6188
Message 2 of 9 (9,441 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also have a blank add contacts screen and i haven'tfound the solution.  Please!

[removed for privacy]

les-gilbert
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (9,323 Views)

[ Edited ]

les-gilbert wrote:

I also have a blank add contacts screen and i haven'tfound the solution.  Please!

[removed for privacy]

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript.

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6830
Message 4 of 9 (9,309 Views)

Hi gets the same think blank skype cant log in :/ . I have 64-bit windows 7 home premium. What happened is i did recovery of laptop and after clean up most of the space on disk there was some programs left that i cant uninstall from control panel as they are not exist but they are in there. I uninstall skype, download java and adobe flash player. And then install skype and still theres no box to put my username and password its blank skype. Any chance you can help me, pls? I appreciate.

Nezurak
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (9,185 Views)

i actually sorted by checking another post of yours Rewin i used command prompt and skype now is working corectly can login and talk to ppl, thx for the help from another post :bigsmile:
Nezurak
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (9,182 Views)

I have logged in but no add contact button could you help
Posted from HP TouchPad
chandkiran
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (8,488 Views)

chandkiran wrote:
I have logged in but no add contact button could you help

Have you downloaded and installed Skype program on your computer?

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

You cannot add contacts or make calls if you are logging in to your Account page on Skype.com. You have to use Skype program installed on your computer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6830
Message 8 of 9 (8,479 Views)

HOW DO I PUIT IN CONTACTS

conniefink
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (5,307 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling