Blank Skype Login Screen

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Blank Skype Login Screen

When i start skype i just get the login screen but without any of the boxes to type my username and password into.

I recently had to revert my computer back to factory settings after it died but cant work out whats diffrent from before when it was running fine.

eurotrash0
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (3,194 Views)

Re: Blank Skype Login Screen

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Go to Windows Start and in the Search box type winver.exe and then press Enter.

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5892
Message 2 of 7 (3,107 Views)

eurotrash0 wrote:

When i start skype i just get the login screen but without any of the boxes to type my username and password into.

I recently had to revert my computer back to factory settings after it died but cant work out whats diffrent from before when it was running fine.

Please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such activities;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Index-of-file-C-ProgramData-Skype-Apps-login-Solution/m-p/4243...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6240
Message 3 of 7 (3,100 Views)

im having the same problem and ive tried two different fixes but they didnt work

wf1
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (2,978 Views)

wf1 wrote:

im having the same problem and ive tried two different fixes but they didnt work

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript. Regardless which browser you are using, Skype (since version 5.5) is using Internet Explorer and JavaScript to create and manage the login screen.

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

Go to Windows Start and in the Search box type winver.exe and then press Enter.

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 7 (2,962 Views)

I'm so pissed.. juste got a new computer 1 week a go... downloaded the new version(5.9) and I got that **bleep** blank login screen.... I've searched for 2 hours on the web now and I dindt find a thing.. GRRR
marcusorcus
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (2,562 Views)

marcusorcus wrote:
I'm so pissed.. juste got a new computer 1 week a go... downloaded the new version(5.9) and I got that **bleep** blank login screen.... I've searched for 2 hours on the web now and I dindt find a thing.. GRRR

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript.

Look here for an appropriate solution.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-Knowledge-Base/Empty-sign-in-log-in-window/ta-p/630627

Be careful with selecting the correct procedure corresponding to your Windows system and the version of Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 7 (2,549 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling