Beard on partner's face

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Beard on partner's face

I was calling somebody in the far east and we chatted using our webcams. It went well at first, but then for a brief time their was a cartoonish caricaturist beard (the type of beard under your nose, it was very long and it curled (kinda like an aristocratic caricature)). Only I saw it, but it happened again for a slightly longer time, my partner then saw it, too. The beard, as long as it was there, followed the movement of my partner's head. What on earth happened here. my PC is said to be clean, and we're both using Win 7 with the newest Skype.
dllpetrovic
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

Re: Beard on partner's face

The effect you were seeing was likely generated at the other end of the call by a special effects feature on that person's computer.  There are 3rd party programs that create those kind of effects, but some webcams come with them too. 

My Logitech webcam software has specical effects.  I never use them.  Maybe the contact you were talking to was just playing around with his settings.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling