Audio switching between headphones and speakers..

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Audio switching between headphones and speakers..

Hi, I want to know if there is something I can do with the audio switching from my headphones to my speakers? E

Example : I'm watching a video while using my headphones and when someone sends me a message or a call, the audio will switches from my headphones and go to my speakers and it'll start ringing from there.

Also while im playing a game, i communicate through my headset but the noise of the game is on the speakers, is there a way I can put both audio into my headset ?

RomeosNewb
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (6,092 Views)

Re: Audio switching between headphones and speakers..

RomeosNewb wrote:

Hi, I want to know if there is something I can do with the audio switching from my headphones to my speakers? E

Example : I'm watching a video while using my headphones and when someone sends me a message or a call, the audio will switches from my headphones and go to my speakers and it'll start ringing from there.

Also while im playing a game, i communicate through my headset but the noise of the game is on the speakers, is there a way I can put both audio into my headset ?

RomeosNewb wrote:

RomeosNewb wrote:

RomeosNewb wrote:

RomeosNewb wrote:

RomeosNewb wrote:

RomeosNewb wrote:

RomeosNewb wrote:

sumair
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (5,728 Views)

I've had a similar issue but I think I found a solution on Microsoft Answers.

Here's the important part:

In Skype:  Tools | Options | Audio Settings | Ringing

Changed from: Ring on all devices

to: Use selected speaker

Click the "Show advanced options" button, select an alternate speaker device and move it to the top with "Move up" button.  Save settings.

After changing these settings, Skype no longer bounces my audio to external speakers when I receive a Skype notification. GTalk still does, but that's another story!

Jakedruid
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 7 (5,456 Views)

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! I've been having the same problem, and it was really screwing with my gaming.

Grievous958
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (5,452 Views)

Here are the steps I took to solve the issue:

1. Right click on the audio volume control icon -> Playback devices.  The Sound window and Playback tab should be open.

2. Set Speakers/HP as both the Default Device and the Default Communications Device.

3. Go to Skype>Tools>Audio Settings.  Set Speakers settings to: Speakers/HP (IDT High Audio Definition CODEC).

shabz108
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (4,922 Views)

I have this same issue. out of nowhere my skype got completly messed up. I have headphones plugged in and all my settings are CORRECT. Audio in and out of skype. the "do nothing trick" aswell. 

Still, when i call someone my headset switches all non skype sound to my speakers and i only hear voices through my headset. 

I need to hear everything in my headset... someone please help me!

xsnmxobsidon
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (4,619 Views)

Thank you so much. This helped a lot!

waterpolo12
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (4,451 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling