Allow Access not working on Win 7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Allow Access not working on Win 7

Hi all,

I've been having this issue for over a year and need to start a resolution around it.

Here's the problem.

I have G-Recorder for Skype. It works perfectly on Windows XP and when I got a new machine last year (running win 7) it worked fine, too, no problems.

Then, I upgraded skype last year and immediately G-Recorder stopped working on Win 7, however on XP it was fine, even when I upgraded.

So, I managed to roll back to an older version of Skype on the win7 machine but the problem still persisted; that I couldnt get the "Allow Access" screen to appear on my win7.

I have been into the Tools > Options > Advanced > Manage other programs access to Skype

on my win7 and there's nothing in it. When I try to use G-Recorder it tells me to expect the "Allow Access" to appear inside skype, and it NEVER does. Remember, it used to appear when I first installed skype, ever since upgrading it never has.

I am thinking there's a registry reason behind this, however I'm not technical enough in this area to know where to look or how to fix this.

I have been in touch with G-Recorders' developer over this and he's stumped by it. He's never seen the problem before.

I know if I did a fresh install of my win7 OS I'm sure it will work, but I cant do that.

I hope I've explained the problem well enough in order to get some help and resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

BigEars
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (130 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling