Adding a contact I already deleted

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Adding a contact I already deleted

If I remove a contact but do not block him, he will not be informed, but what if I want to add him again in contact list, will he be asked again for approval or not?
Thanks in advanced.

Nikola

This widget could not be displayed.
Primemover
Power User

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

DziDza wrote:

If I remove a contact but do not block him, he will not be informed, but what if I want to add him again in contact list, will he be asked again for approval or not?
Thanks in advanced.

Nikola

Hi Nikola!  

The answer is it depends...

if that contact have not removed you from their own contact list, you can re-add them without them receiving any notifications or warnings.

but if that contact also removed you from their contact list, they will receive the standard contact request notification when you re-add them.

View solution in original post
DziDza
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (21,425 Views)

Re: Adding a contact I already deleted

DziDza wrote:

Thanks in advanced.

Nikola

No, if you unblock there will be no re-notification required, since they were already approved once.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 2 of 12 (21,256 Views)

[ Edited ]

you say if I unblock him, but i want to now what hepends if I add him as friend afteer deleteing from contact list not after blocking

Thanks again

DziDza
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 12 (21,254 Views)

[ Edited ]

DziDza wrote:

Thanks in advanced.

Nikola

Hi Nikola!  

The answer is it depends...

if that contact have not removed you from their own contact list, you can re-add them without them receiving any notifications or warnings.

but if that contact also removed you from their contact list, they will receive the standard contact request notification when you re-add them.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1516
Message 4 of 12 (21,251 Views)

Thanks a million :happy:
DziDza
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (21,248 Views)

DziDza wrote:

you say if I unblock him, but i want to now what hepends if I add him as friend afteer deleteing from contact list not after blocking

Thanks again

If, they never received a add contact request, then yes they would receive one then.

Of course, if they deleted you, which you can't control that would be different, but I am trying to focus on the cases you presented to me.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 6 of 12 (21,244 Views)

[ Edited ]

DziDza wrote:
Thanks a million :happy:

you're welcome, Nikola.  glad to hear that my reply seems to have answered your question.  and the fact that you provided a detailed and clear description in your initial post made it somehow easy to understand and to answer.   :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1516
Message 7 of 12 (21,238 Views)

I have tried adding a contact that was deleted, but when I do the search and find the contact, I no longer have the option to add. I am told that the person is already a contact - but yet I can't see them in my contact list. Would appreciate your help with this.

Pryiadarshni
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (21,146 Views)

Pryiadarshni wrote:

I have tried adding a contact that was deleted, but when I do the search and find the contact, I no longer have the option to add. I am told that the person is already a contact - but yet I can't see them in my contact list. Would appreciate your help with this.

Please check your blocked contacts and unblock them if needed ("Or if when you right click on the contact found using search, choose unblock from there") under your privacy settings from the main Skype window do:

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Blocked Contacts

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 9 of 12 (21,129 Views)

Is this still true on the most recent version of skype? 

I am trying to read someone I delted 4 days ago and it is asking me to send a request as I did the first time. Just to clarify, I removed this person I did not block them. 

Thank you

mc8811
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 12 (20,043 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling