Adding Skype name to Outlook Contacts

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Adding Skype name to Outlook Contacts

Is there a way to add a Skype name to the outlook contact list under the Home field, and manualy add the connection for that outlook contact field to automatically video call tha skype user.

I have tried the Skype email toolbar. It shows the toolbar on everything, boss dosn't like it.

He only wants to be able to open his contact list, open the users contact info and clik on the field. Is this possible?

Dusty-Bailey
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (2,891 Views)

Re: Adding Skype name to Outlook Contacts

A basic simple thing seems impossible: I want to edit present contact details by adding Skype name. The menu only gives choices of "home, Mobile or other" which is already correct and recorded. I don't want to change those. I simply want to add Skype!

spike881946
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (2,820 Views)

You cannot add Skype to your contact details if this contact isn’t your Skype-to-Skype contact. What kind of icon can you see in the contact list for this contact? If the icon has a white telephone image inside a green cloud, then he/she isn’t your Skype-to-Skype contact.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6141
Message 3 of 4 (2,816 Views)

Agree. Simple request and yet so obvious.

markr-stracey
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (2,651 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling