Re: Add contact screen blank

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Add contact screen blank

Hi

Have an issue with the add contact screen being blank (see screen shot). Can't add any contacts at all. Last night I tried to add a friend, but in the end I asked him to add me and that worked great, but I can't add any contacts. Using version 5.8.0.158.

Running Win 7(64) Ultimate with latest updates. Got 12Gb ram and an i7 950 processor. For internet security I use Bitdefender Total Security 2012.

What to do?

This widget could not be displayed.
Notsosure
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Found the instruction to run CMD and regsvr the .dll files. That solved my problems. Skype is working as intended now.

View solution in original post
Notsosure
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (4,603 Views)

Can't add the attachment, screen dump of the problem. Using .jpg format.

Notsosure
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 11 (4,556 Views)

Your issue might be like here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-t-add-contact-Home-page-unavailable/m-p/218566/message-uid...

What do you see if you open this link in your Internet Explorer (must be IE, even if you are using another browser)

https://apps.skype.com/friendfinder/

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5774
Message 3 of 11 (4,548 Views)

Hi

The contact advisor was not activated. And have NOT activated it.

Also deleted shared.xml to be on safe side.

When trying friendfinder it works perfectly, the problem is when trying to add contacts from within skype. I still get a blank screen.

Notsosure
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 11 (4,542 Views)

Found the instruction to run CMD and regsvr the .dll files. That solved my problems. Skype is working as intended now.

Notsosure
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (4,534 Views)

Having this problem as well. Don't understand what you did to fix it. Can you explain please??
lindsayeleanor
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 11 (4,315 Views)

Hi,

I'm having the same problem you speak of fixing, but I'm still not understanding what you did to fix it. If you can, please help me to fix.

Thank you,

Shellia

shellia
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (4,182 Views)

First check this post and make sure you don't have Content Advisor enabled:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-t-add-contact-Home-page-unavailable/m-p/218566/message-uid...

If that's not the problem, follow the steps in this Knowledgebase article:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-Knowledge-Base/Empty-sign-in-log-in-window/ta-p/630627

Use care to follow the steps for your specific Windows and Internet Explorer versions.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 901
Message 8 of 11 (4,176 Views)

Hi

It may be because your anti-virus software hasn't approved Skype - I use Kaspersky.

I followed this link posted by Skype, right clicked on the screen and downloaded the certificate that approves the site. Hey presto, the Add Contact screen now works properly.

https://apps.skype.com/friendfinder/

alan_howson
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (4,013 Views)

my programme doesn't seem to have worked perfectly from the start,  two years ago,  but I have enjoyed some good conversations and was in general satisfied.recently Ihave had various problems until I deided to uninstall and start afresh. Things have got worse , firstly I found that cookies were still on my computer and I ended up having to use one of my original names and passwords, which semed to be my main problem in the past, but I couldn't seem to avoid that, but then I found that I couldn't add a  contact who was a skype user  either using his skype name or his E-mail address. The add contact window just comes  up and remains blank. I am using windows 7 and use automatic updates and I have the latest version of skype My e-mail address is vidwels@gmail.com which is also my skype password

skypal
Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (1,426 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling